Year 7 Students for 2014
- Our School
- Enrolment Information
- A Microsoft Surface for all year 7 students
- What can DTHS offer your child
We have established close relationships with the local primary schools through curriculum links, peer support and social interaction. Education at our school is seen as a process of preparing our students for effective participation in society.
Our school aims to provide the best opportunity for each student to develop academically, morally, socially and physically and this is reflected in our mission statement: "To provide a flexible curriculum with a technological emphasis to meet the needs of the school community."
We can help you with your enrolment enquiries anytime throughout the year. Contact Us.
If your child is currently enrolled in another public or non-government school, and you wish to apply to enrol in our school, contact us to obtain an expression of interest form to complete and return to us.
We will contact you once a decision has been made about your child’s potential enrolment, and next steps.
If your child has a temporary visa or visitor visa you will first need to apply to enrol by contacting the temporary residents program who will give you forms to bring to the school. It’s important that you tell the principal if your child has any special circumstances, allergies, health or medical conditions, before your child starts school.
As from next year every year 7 student enrolling at Doonside Technology High School will qualify to receive a Microsoft Surface tablet laptop. These powerful computers will allow students, teachers and parents to work creatively together to change the way our students learn. As learners in the 21st Century so much more, in terms of digital skills, creativity and accessing information will be demanded of them.
- Trade Training Centre in Metals and Engineering and Hospitality recently completed.
- Science Laboratories for 21st Century learning newly completed.
- 3 Connected Classroom facilities which have video conferencing capability.
- 5 hectare School farm which caters for the study of Agriculture and Primary Industries, animal husbandry and related horticultural studies.
- Newly refurbished fully equipped Gymnasium with state of the art equipment.
- State of the art security technology which promotes a very safe school environment.